According to a recent survey, more than half of the SMBs (Small and Medium Business) interviewed said they are making money from their websites--either directly, or via offline purchases influenced by their Web sites. This article discusses their Search engine optimization.
What online tools are they using to get business?
* Email marketing still tops the list--if you don't have an email newsletter you're missing out on the number one income generator online.
* Optimizing their web content for search engine visibility is a close second--if people can't find you in the search engines they can't buy from you!
* Only 20 percent are using pay per click. It seems they are wise to the fact that organic search results return a better value.
* A surprising 19 percent are already using blogs. This is a hot Internet marketing strategy. If you don't have a blog, now is the time to get started.
* A savvy 10 percent are already offering their content in RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds. Mainstream media--such as the New York Times Online--reports rapidly rising RSS feed subscriptions. Even the AARP (American Association of Retired People) now offers their content in feeds and RSS will soon be the content delivery method of choice.
Using the above information in your Internet marketing strategy may benefit your business as well.